As Co-Founder and Executive Director of HEART Women & Girls, I am pleased to share our growth and impact over the years through our annual report. Through this report, you will see just how exponentially we have grown in the last three years, with a primarily virtual and volunteer staff.
With your support, we have had an incredible year and have accomplished so much, including:
- Expanded our programming to college campuses across the country, reaching five times as many participants than previous years,
- Developed publications, toolkits, and fact sheets which have been downloaded more than 25,000 times,
- Presented at eight national conferences,
- Offered one on one support and advocacy to dozens and dozens of survivors,
- Provided professional development training to approximately 120 professionals representing numerous organizations, including Planned Parenthood, Rape Victim Advocates, and Title IX coordinators at local Universities,
- Built a national staff of accomplished, diverse Muslim women who are experts in public health, medicine, mental health, and reproductive justice,
- Attended two White House events, and
- Raised over $60,000 just this year alone.
Our work plays an integral part in offering the community accurate sexual health information and in supporting survivors on their journey toward healing and justice. But, we need your continued help. Given the political climate, our work is more important than ever. Unless we take action together, it is likely we will see less federal support for reproductive and sexual health education and sexual assault awareness. For the last seven years, we have been working to dismantle the shame and stigma around sex and sexual violence, and we have made incredible inroads despite a small budget and limited resources.
In the next three years, we hope to:
- Expand our programming to reach up to five additional cities
- Train 250 leaders and reach 3,000 more participants
- Double our number of publications
- Hire our first paid, full-time staff members
We remain more motivated now than ever to continue this work, promote gender equity, and advocate for reproductive justice for all. We invite you to join us in this timely effort. Please browse our annual report, learn about our work, and make your gift today.
With Eternal Gratitude,
Nadiah Mohajir, MPH
Co-founder & Executive Director
HEART Women & Girls